Dr. Cunningham is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship-trained in sports medicine, knee, and shoulder surgery. He is a sought-after ACL doctor, performing a large number of these each year. He was one of the first surgeons in the country to perform ACL Repair Surgery (different from the more conventional ACL Reconstruction Surgery) in an effort to save an injured patient’s ACL. He performs many minimally invasive shoulder and knee arthroscopy procedures.
As an orthopedic surgeon in Vail, Colorado – a U.S. orthopedic center of excellence – Dr. Cunningham treats professional and amateur athletes from different states and countries as well as the active residents of the Vail Valley and Summit County, and nearby Denver and front range communities.
His areas of specialty in knee treatment and surgery are:
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Care
- ACL Primary Repair Surgery (“save your ACL surgery”)
- ACL Reconstruction Surgery
- ACL Revision Surgery
- ACL Injury Diagnosis and Treatment
Knee Arthroscopic Procedures
- Cartilage Restoration
- Meniscus Repair (Lateral Meniscus; Medial Meniscus)
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Surgery
- MCL Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
- Conservative Treatments for Knee Arthritis