Dr. Cunningham is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship-trained in sports medicine, shoulder and knee surgery. He is a “go to” orthopedic surgeon locally and nationally for rotator cuff surgery and shoulder dislocation surgery. He is able to repair most shoulder injuries arthroscopically and performs many minimally invasive shoulder surgeries.
As an orthopedic surgeon in Vail, Colorado – a U.S. orthopedic center of excellence – Dr. Cunningham treats professional and amateur athletes from different states and countries as well as the active residents of the Vail Valley and Summit County, and nearby Denver and front range communities and their surrounding areas.
His areas of specialty in shoulder treatment and surgery are:
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery
- Arthroscopic Bankart Repair Surgery (repair of a dislocated shoulder)
- Arthroscopic Labral Repair Surgery
- Arthroscopic Biceps Tenodesis
- Subacromial Decompression / Treatment for Chronic Impingement Syndrome
- Shoulder Stabilization Surgery